Daily cigar smokers, tobacco chewers, and dippers, even those with a positive lab specimen (HOS), can now qualify for non-tobacco life insurance rates, cutting premiums in HALF! One highly rated brand name insurer even offers super-preferred non-tobacco premiums to occasional cigarette smokers.
Insurer Selection is Key
Conservative life insurers charge most alternate tobacco users the same rates as daily cigarette smokers, effectively doubling premiums for the most popular forms of life insurance. Other highly-rated insurers offer non-tobacco pricing for most users of tobacco, other than cigarettes.
We can now often qualify your daily cigar smokers, tobacco chewers, dippers, some vapers, and Nicorette® gum or patch users for non-tobacco rates, allowing for significant annual premium savings.
Tobacco Underwriting Pre-Qualification Checklist
To pair your applicant with the most advantageous life insurance solution, please provide us with the following details:
- Date of birth:
- Type of coverage sought, benefit amount, and how long the protection is needed:
- Tobacco product(s) currently used:
- How often is the tobacco product currently used:
- Is it possible to abstain from any tobacco use for 2-3 days?
- If tobacco use has changed during the past 3 years, describe how:
- Current or past use of tobacco cessation products (e.g. Chantix or Zyban):
- Date of most recent insurance company labs that tested positive for tobacco:
- Any use of other combustible products (e.g. marijuana)? If so, describe use pattern & frequency:
- Any medical impairments or other information that might be relevant?
Add a Client, Increase Your Income, Get Referred
If you are working with a tobacco user, drop us a note, and let’s identify our industry’s best solution, based on their specific tobacco use pattern. Add a client, save them significant premium dollars year after year, and increase your income as they buy their life insurance policy from you. Perhaps they can refer you to other tobacco users who could also benefit from your ability to offer them non-tobacco life insurance coverage?